Monday, July 26, 2010

Gringle's Pawnshop

While there's no question that the old school renaissance sprang out of the D&D community, it's not limited to it. That's why I'm happy to post a link to a new discussion board, Gringle's Pawnshop, which, in the words of its administrator, "exists principally to facilitate discussion of Chaosium's Runequest 2 set in Glorantha." It's modeled on Marv Breig's superb Original D&D Discussion forums; I certainly hope that it grows to become as lively and insightful as the OD&D boards have over the last couple of years.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. I doubt I'll ever run anything in Glorantha again because of the massive buy-in (both time and money) I'd need to get back up to speed, but I had a lot of good times running it, and liberally stealing from it, back in the day. Will definitely check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buy in really doesn't have to be much. Get the RQ2 rule book and Cults of Prax or the Gloranthan Classics cults reprint.

    I would say that 95% of what I reference day to day in an RQ campaign are these two books. I do make heavy use of maps from other sources, especially the color version of the Trollpak map from the Avalon Hill products, but if someone took away everything but RQ2 and Cults of Prax, I'd be able to run a campaign just fine.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete