Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Toronto Old School Mini-Con Update

There's not a lot to report just yet, but enough people have been emailing me for details or offering to help that I figured it was more efficient just to make a post about it.

As of now, wheels are in motion. Someone has graciously stepped forward and is attempting to secure a very nice location for this event. If successful in this, we'll then be ready to move forward to the actual planning stage, including setting a date, etc. Until then, there's not much more that can be done, but I really do appreciate everyone who's offered to pitch in to make this happen. I am not, as I said before, someone who should ever be relied upon to plan, well, anything, let alone a gathering of other people, so I am ever so grateful to those who have both the skills and the drive to do so.

All I can say is that it looks increasingly likely that this will happen. It's just a question of where and when. I have to admit I'm quite excited at the prospect. I honestly didn't think things would come together at all, let alone so quickly, but it's terrific to see such enthusiasm from Toronto area gamers for an old school mini-con.

When I know more, you can be sure I'll be posting it here.

3 comments:

  1. Have YOu been in touch with the TAG (Toronto Area Gamers) folks of the TAG meetup? I'm thinking specifically you need to talk to Sandy Mackay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy's already been in touch with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some guys here in windsor that can come up...keep us posted

    ReplyDelete