Monday, June 5, 2023

Haunting Horrors of the Past Rise Again!

I always enjoy looking at old consumer product catalogs, especially those associated with RPG companies. Here's a good example from Chaosium's Winter 1982 catalog, advertising the original Call of Cthulhu boxed set, along with a "special designer's limited edition" set of 200 copies that, for $5 more than the standard one, is signed by the author and includes Shadows of Yog-Sothoth to boot – not a bad deal! [My aged eyes are mistaken; the price is $35 for the limited edition, which isn't quite as good a deal as I thought – JM]

2 comments:

  1. Not to be a killjoy, but ... $35 versus $20. Isn't that $15 more? I have a similar catalog from Chaosium.

    In it, the CoC boxed set is going $19.95, the Designer's Limited Edition $34.95. Shadows of Yog-Sothoth was selling for $9.95 on its own, so for the Designer's Edition, you're basically paying the full price for the boxed set and the module, and I guess the extra $5 is for the author's signature?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct – and my aged eyes are not. :)

      Delete