Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The Other Howling Tower

After yesterday's post, I was reminded that The Howling Tower is also the name of Arduin Dungeon #2, published in 1979 by Grimoire Games. So far as I can tell, there's no connection of any sort between this dungeon and Leiber's short story, but I have not looked at it closely in some time (but may do so for a future retrospective). So far as I can recall, the main attraction to the module is the inclusion of some artwork by a young Erol Otus before he was employed by TSR (though this is hardly unique to The Howling Tower).

2 comments:

  1. "The adventure is still available through Emperor's Choice Games in a compilation of all six of Dave Hargraves's dungeon."

    I wish you were right, but Emperor's Choice Games has been inactive for many years now. Don't advise people to order anything from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know. I've updated the post accordingly.

      Delete