Monday, February 1, 2021

The Hall of Blue Illumination

M.A.R. Barker's world of Tékumel has been a passion of mine for many years, particularly since 2014, when I began producing The Excellent Travelling Volume. Since late 2016, I've also been one of the hosts of The Hall of Blue Illumination, a podcast devoted to Tékumel. 

As of this date, there are forty episodes to the podcast and, after a pandemic-induced hiatus, we're starting to record new episodes, with an eye toward releasing one each month. The goal of The Hall of Blue Illumination is to "demystify" Tékumel, a setting that is notoriously complex and difficult to get into for those unfamiliar with it. If you've ever had any interest in Tékumel, you might consider listening to an episode or two. I can't promise you'll become as enthusiastic about it as I am, but I hope my fellow hosts and I might at least make it a little less intimidating.

10 comments:

  1. Genuinely looking forward to the new episodes. I'd always been a little intimidated by Tékumel, and this podcast made it lot easier to get some kind of hold on the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like ng76 above I've also been intimidated by this setting, so I'm looking forward to checking this out. But NB: your podcast's RSS feed appears broken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass that information on to the person in charge of the website.

      Delete
    2. The RSS feed is working fine for me: https://tekumelpodcast.com/feed/podcast

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued by Tekumel but...a bit like Glorantha (until the latest edition came out)...I really have no idea where to start. Any chance of a blog post with advice on what to start with and where to go from there?

    ReplyDelete