Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Into the Megadungeon

Ben Laurence over at Mazirian's Garden is working on a podcast called Into the Megadungeon that will explore the ins and outs of refereeing a megadungeon-focused fantasy roleplaying game campaign. The first episode will be released on Tuesday, August 8, and will feature yours truly talking about both my Dwimmerount megadungeon of old and the Vaults of da-Imer megadungeon that I'm slowly constructing as part of Dungeon23

Additional episodes will be released on biweekly basis. Ben intends to produce 10 episodes as part of the first season of the podcast, with each episode featuring a different referee who's created and refereed a megadungeon campaign for an extended period of time. I have no idea how long he can keep the podcast going – I doubt Ben does either – but I think it's a worthy topic and I look forward to listening to the episodes as they're released.

2 comments:

  1. Duly noted. Dropped or lost a few podcasts in the last few years, maybe this will take an empty spot on my rotation. Audio is even better than youtube for me as workplace ear-filler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had listen some of the posts, and I have to say that it's really interesting to learn about the different experiences that different GM had with megadungeons. The selection of specific topics are a great idea, too -- every post has some special.

    ReplyDelete