Friday, April 18, 2008

Shared Fantasy

I mentioned the release of the first issue of Fight On! the other day, but I wanted to share a little snippet from it, which I think perfectly encapsulates why I'm so excited about gaming these days. It's part of the editor's introduction to the 'zine and it's brilliant.
Fight On! is a journal of shared fantasy. We who read and write for this magazine are a community of role-playing enthusiasts united by our love of the freewheeling, do-it-yourself approach that birthed this hobby back in the 1970's. We are wargamers who write our own rules and fantasists who build our own worlds, weekend warriors sharing dreams of glory and authors collaborating on tales of heroism and valor. We talk, paint, draw, write, act, costume, and roll dice in service of our visions.

We game. And you're welcome to join us.
That's the stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Just purchased a copy, sight unseen. I'm looking forward to reading it. Fight On!

    ReplyDelete