Sunday, May 9, 2010

BRP Help

So, deep into my explorations of Chaosium's old Basic Roleplaying-derived games, I'm once again in need of help in trying to find a couple of items.

1. The Ringworld Companion for (obviously) the Ringworld RPG. I already own the boxed set and love it (which is odd, given that I'm actually not that big a fan of either Larry Niven's writing or of the Ringworld series of books). As there was only ever one supplement for the thing, I'd like to snag for completeness's sake.

2. Hawkmoon. Much as I love the Stormbringer RPG, I'm not actually a huge fan of the the Elric stories (seeing a pattern here?). I like them well enough and think there are some terrific ideas in them, but, when it comes to Moorcock I much prefer his Tragic Millennium tales. I've never actually seen the RPG based on these stories and I'd very much like to get my hands on one.

As usual, if anyone has a lead on one or either of these at a reasonable price, let me know. The odds of my being able to use either of them any time soon is small, so there's no urgency to this request for help. However, I would like to obtain them if it's at all possible, so any assistance anyone can render is appreciated.

10 comments:

  1. I can't help you with a copy of the game, but if you want a copy of the only supplement to Hawkmoon I do have an extra copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all three versions of the Hawkmoon RPG -- the original and the relatively more recent Monograph (both from Chaosium), plus the Mongoose Publishing version. Sadly, there is very little to choose between the three except production values, though as expected, you feel that you are not getting everything you would wish in Mongoose version. Which means you want to plump for the boxed set every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck finding those. The Ringworld Companion I think particularly commands a dear price.

    The Hawkmoon game is quite good. Only played it once, but we had a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andreas,

    Drop me an email. I'd be quite interested in the supplement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hawkmoon stories were my favorite of Moorcocks Eternal Champion stuff. The heroes in the books were very much like an adventuring party.

    Sadly I have none of those games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A quick search on eBay finds no less than two copies of the 1986 Chaosium Hawkmoon game. The are listed as VF/VG, and 33-45 (aproximately)USD. . .

    FYI, you know. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like David, I did a quick search, this time of Google Shopping. I found copies of the Ringworld Companion for $50-60. This makes me sad, as I once owned the Companion, but sold it because I didn't have the game. Later on, I acquired the game. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dragon Magazine kicked out a couple articles backstopping the game, too.

    Weirdly enough, I have never known anyone who actually played the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At one point, I had 2 copies of the Ringworld game and one copy of the companion. I may still have them boxed up somewhere, but I will have to check.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really faoladh? Dang... I just got both the Ringworld boxed set and the Companion together for $60 or so on eBay. Don't give up hope, James!

    ReplyDelete