According FFG's website, the new edition will include:
- 4 comprehensive rule books provide all the knowledge you will need on the Old World
- Over 30 Custom Dice give you unprecedented options for story-telling
- Party sheets provide new skills and abilities to keep everyone engaged
- 40 different careers and 4 different races offer a multitude of character options
- More than 300 cards keep you in the game, no need to look up skills or abilities
- Three character keepers designed to hold everything your hero will need each session
Regardless, I do think this announcement is important and not just for WFRP fans. I suspect it's the canary in the coal mine for a major shift in the way "RPGs" will be designed, produced, and marketed in the future. Years from now we may be looking back on this as the day everything changed in the hobby and, from my narrow perspective anyway, not in a good way.