Thursday, May 17, 2012

Speaking of Doing It Yourself ...

For some time now, I've been meaning to introduce my readers to the excellent Tales of the Grotesque and Dungeonesque blog, and not just because I don't think there can be too many allusions to Poe in the hobby. What's terrific about it is its laser-fine focus on "game-ready Weird Gothic fantasy bits for old-school D&D and OSR-style fantasy games." Even if you're not interested in running a full-bore Weird Gothic fantasy campaign, there's an abundance of lootable ideas on the blog, which is written by Jack Shear. You can see many of his ideas by downloading a free PDF compendium of them or by purchasing expanded versions of the same in either a softcover or hardcover format form Lulu.com. I've ordered a copy for myself, because it's really excellent stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout-out, James!  

    Also, in case anyone decides to order my humble contribution to the OSR, Lulu has a great coupon (code: TENYEAR) that will save folks 20% off their order.  I believe the coupon runs until the 18th.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny you bring it up, i was checking that site out like two days ago. good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic reco, James! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete