Friday, September 5, 2008

Help Requested

I would like to improve the look of this blog a little bit -- nothing major -- but I lack the technical skills to do so. While, in a perfect world, I might want to adopt a new template, I'm actually not super keen on that (unless someone has an easy-to-use template they recommend). What I primarily want to do is come up with a banner image to use across the top that includes some appropriate imagery -- perhaps some artwork from the OD&D books or something -- and includes the name of the blog in clear letters, again possibly using some font or other that gets across the right "feel."

Can anyone assist me with this or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a web developer and artist by trade. I'll help you out. Drop me an email at manatrance@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can already see “GROGNARDIA” set in Quentin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GROGNARDIA in Quentin font. Yes. This you must do. Or there will be a mob of peasants with torches and pitchforks at the castle gate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a list of fonts used by TSR (and, not that you care, by WotC) over the years.

    As noted above, Quentin may be what you want for the title.

    Per that list and this list of pre- and commonly-installed fonts, you (or your designated lackey) might consider specifying Futura and/or Tw Cen MT as the body font.

    ReplyDelete