Friday, December 4, 2009

Buck Rogers Returns

Trollsymth recently reminded me of something I'd heard about some time ago: a series of web-based Buck Rogers films coming some time in 2010. Below is a teaser trailer for the series and I must admit it looks promising. I've always been more of a Flash Gordon man myself, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a new series of Buck Rogers films, particularly if they pay proper respect to the source material. Here's hoping this initial look is a good indication of what's to come.

6 comments:

  1. This is looks really promising--especially the throwback look and the put-put rocket engine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Flash! Aaahhh! He'll save every one of us!"

    That 80's Flash Gordon movie needed to have at least one sequel back in the day.

    I was always a Gordon man (and not just the gin). I never liked Buck much, and hated the Gil Gerard Buck series with the Mel Blanc robot that stammered like Porky Pig. Ye Gods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto. I'm interested that Good Girl/Cheesecake Art here seems to be a guarantor of authenticity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sound effect of the rocket ships in the old Flash serials is still one of my favorites.

    Odd thing about this trailer, it looks like the cockpit is empty.

    I'll keep an eye on this! Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mu mind is permanently warped with the 1980's TV series Buck Rogers with Linda Gray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They've got that on the air here, on the local retro station.
    It's pretty good :).

    (maybe it's not that one, all I know it's that it's Buck Rogers)

    ReplyDelete