Friday, December 18, 2009

Speaking of Planet Algol

Not does the blog describe a campaign I'd love to play in, but it has its own character sheets to go with it! It's times like this when I regret no longer having an artist or graphic designer in my gaming group, because I'd love to have "official" Dwimmermount character record sheets that look as snazzy as the ones Planet Algol got. I admit that's probably asking too much, given that I already have not one but two expert miniatures painters in my group, but a guy can dream, can't he?

Which reminds me: I got a bunch of new Otherworld Miniatures in the mail the other day, including a couple of gelatinous cubes, a troll, giant frogs, shriekers, stirges, and some goblin warriors. As usual, they're awesome pieces of work and I'm constantly amazed at how perfectly they capture the look and feel of the old days in metal. Once I get a little more money, I'll probably send off another order; that kobold tribal pack looks awfully nice.

9 comments:

  1. Yeah, those character sheets are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you start down the path of Otherworld Miniatures, forever will it dominate your bank balance. Consume it, it will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You remind me, I made up official index-cards for characters in my campaign. Last time I used them, one of the players (an artist herself) said "Oh, it's your driver's license for the game!" I kind of dug that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but did you see the advance picture for the lizardmen on the Otherworld site?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kobolds are nice, just got them a couple of days ago. Small though. Accurately I suppose(if an imaginary creature can be accurately sculpted).

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, as a resident of the US,
    I prefer Bronze Age Miniatures
    for my Sci_Fi games

    phooey on the English ; - )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey we used to have TWO graphic designers in our gaming group, and we still didn't have any custom character sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Planet Algol is one of those "must see" blogs. It is trippy, funny, very descriptive and yeah, those character sheets are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Otherworld minis are great for the monster-side of the equation (I ordered some Orc, Kobolds, Goblins, Stirges, and Rats from Noble Knight recently). I wonder what many old-schoolers use for PCs/NPCs. Been thinking about using Reaper myself.

    ReplyDelete