Wednesday, November 24, 2010

White Box Christmas Special

S&W White Box Contents
The third printing of the highly-regarded Swords & Wizardry: White Box is available for order -- and just in time for Christmas! Though I don't play Swords & Wizardry myself, White Box is by far my favorite iteration of the rules and Brave Halfling's edition is one of the best intro products for anyone curious about old school gaming.

This boxed set sells for just $25 (plus shipping) and literally contains everything you need to play:
  • 6″ x 9″ Game Box (This is an actual game box manufactured for just this purpose)
  • Four Rule Booklets (Characters, Spells, Monsters, & Treasures)
  • A digest-sized copy of Matt Finch’s “Quick Primer for Old-School Gaming”
  • Ten digest-sized Character Sheets
  • Set of Polyhedral Dice
  • Pencil
The first 50 orders will also receive two complimentary modules – The Vile Worm of the Eldritch Oak & The Ruins of Ramat.

9 comments:

  1. It's a heck of a deal. I've already got two boxed sets, plus some extra character books for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought 2 boxes the first go round... kept one and gave one away during one my old gaming group's Gathering of Fools :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They even had a pencil! Now thats old school!

    A crayola with uncolored dice would have been a nice touch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Though I don't play Swords & Wizardry myself, White Box is by far my favorite iteration of the rules"

    I'm glad to hear that you still like it. While I know it's not a total "clone" and a few folks aren't happy with some of the tweaks, I really enjoyed doing it and am happy to see that Brave Halfling is having success in getting these to the public. I always hoped that the White Box set would be availible in an actual white box, and thank John Adams for making it all possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see more of this. I just order one of the last Deluxe Referee White Box Sets and waiting for it to come in. Might check out this on as well, my excuse? Well it's the third printing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always hoped that the White Box set would be availible in an actual white box, and thank John Adams for making it all possible.

    We all ought to thank him for doing so. The White Box -- in an actual box -- is the kind of product I wish we'd see more of. It's a great introduction to tabletop roleplaying at a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I convinced my brother to give me one for Christmas :)

    I just hope I'm one of the first 50.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ordered one, too. Thanks to Finarvyn and John Adams for making this possible, and to James for posting about it. Yay, white box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got mine in the mail, and I was lucky enough to be in the first 50. Way nicer than I was thinking, and I love the fact that it actually fills the box.

    ReplyDelete