Sunday, May 15, 2011

Handmade Dice

One of the things that unites us as gamers, I think, is a love -- some might say obsession -- with dice, especially strange and unusual dice. That's why I thought you'd all enjoy Dicecreator's Blog, written by a gentleman who makes his living producing custom dice. There's a remarkable variety to the dice he's created, many of which are quite beautiful. If you've got a moment to spare, drop by and take a look. Who knows? Maybe you'll be in the market for commissioning a set for yourself one day.

6 comments:

  1. Always had a soft spot for some of Shapeways dice. Cast from CAD models created using a 3D prototyper/fax.

    If I had a spare $100 I'd definitely grab a set of their bronze thorn dice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an incredibly cool site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once made my own dice for AD&D (only one die pictured; shown on all sides). Shame I only could find one Game Science dice, as they are great for adding labels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strangely, I've never been all that interested in the dice... all the dice I've got came with various games... I've never gone out and purchased a set on its own.
    Miniatures I've got thousands of... but ALL my dice fit in a small Tupperware bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bespoke dice, eh, who can resist! We do get quite attached to our dice, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/970265378/hydra-dice

    ReplyDelete