Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dwimmermount Kickstarter Updates

Here we are, two weeks in, and Dwimmermount is nearly 200% funded and not far off from its first bonus goal. For that, I am very grateful to everyone who's made a contribution, no matter how small. I honestly had no idea how well received this Kickstarter would be when it was launched, so seeing such a positive response is both surprising and pleasing. Thank you, all.

Work is already well under way on getting the book ready for publication. I've been turning my rather sparse notes into text usable by others and artists have been producing some truly amazing illustrations. What's best about these illustrations, some of which you can see here, is that they're not just flights of fancy but reflective of events from actual play, whether from my home campaign, in the play-by-post I ran back in 2009, in the Google+ sessions I've been running for backers of the Kickstarter, or that Tavis has been running at the Brooklyn Strategist. I honestly think drawing on events that happen in play makes for better -- and more memorable -- artwork and can't wait to share more of what we've got with others.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats James, I'm really looking forward to your creation. The artwork is fantastic and very reminiscent of the old school books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to Dwimmermount, everything I have seen thus far have given me paroxysm of nostalgia. Also I really want to play it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well with my 60 bucks you just hit 200% funding! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation, double it once more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little closer with my $10. Congrats on this success! Well deserved and well earned. Thank you James for Grognardia.

    ReplyDelete