Monday, October 26, 2020

Memories in Amber

In 2018, Goodman Games inaugurated the "Original Adventures Reincarnated" line, which has reprinted classic D&D and AD&D modules from the 1970s and '80s, along with conversions and expansions for use with the current edition of the game. Starting with the third volume in the series, I've been providing commentary essays that appear in the pages of these books. 

The most recent OAR release is Castle Amber, a module I adore. I received my author's copy today and I couldn't be more pleased.

I contributed two essays to the book, the first of which examines the Clark Ashton Smith stories whose ideas inspired Tom Moldvay in creating the contents of the module.
The second, whose title I borrowed for this post, is a reflection of my own experiences with the module over the years, starting with my first encounter with it at the age of 12.
I had a great deal of fun writing these essays and hope they add some value to the final product. I contributed material to the upcoming Temple of Elemental Evil volume as well and have been asked to do so for at least one more upcoming Goodman Games reprint of classic material. Onward!

7 comments:

  1. When are they shipping that? it is killing me, I want to run it, and cannot find a copy of the original.

    and Ministers and Saints of Faith preserve us, I cannot wait until Temple drops. yeaaaaaaaaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving a testimony on how me and my fiance became a vampire. This was how I and my fiance became Vampire, I was browsing the internet searching on how i could be transformed. When i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I and my fiance has always dreamed of becoming a VAMPIRES so he asked me my name, country, State, address, photo, etc. and asked me to contact the market of spells for the Hindu materials required for our transformation. So I did and he said that a vampire will be assigned to guide us and direct us on how the items are to be used. After 3days I and my fiance was totally a vampire. if you are interested in becoming a vampire, contact him for more information on how you could also be transformed. Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that the moderator oked this message

      Delete
    2. I wasn't paying attention and let it slip, but, now that it's here, I'll let it remain. From what I've observed, this message (or variations of it) deluge blogs. I think there were a dozen different "comments" like this made to this blog today.

      Delete
    3. Not a big deal. just funny. This is weird, but at least interesting. I get tired of the "Google pays me 74$ an hour at home!" messages

      Delete
  3. Belatedly super-stoked to see you back and the OAR series is the only RPG material I am guaranteed to buy at this point. I recently realized I lost my original S3 so was very happy to get the OAR treatment. Your essays do indeed add value and I'm really excited to see what they do next. I'm holding out hope for Against the Slavers since I seem to have lost those as well :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ordered my copy today! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete